Re: Oracle 8 - SQL Net V1

From: <larrypalazzi_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Thu, 07 Oct 1999 19:45:29 GMT

You can only un SQL*Net V1 with an Oracle 7.2.3 server and earlier (at least with the SCO version). I don't even think Oracle 8 supports SQL*Net 2...

The SQL*Net TCP/IP LITE for DOS is version 2, I believe, and it only supports these TCP clients:

Novell LWP v4.12
Sun PC-NFS v4.0, 5.1
FTP/ PC/TCP v3.0

I found all this info on the Oracle support forums...

If you find this driver, please let me know, I would like it, too...

Larry

In article <7tg6k3$8dd$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,   Joseph T <jthvedt_at_my-deja.com> wrote:
> "SQL Net 2 Lite for DOS?" What is this product? Does it work with
old
> Oracle tools like SQL*Forms 3, SQL*ReportWriter 1, RPT 1? How can I
get
> it? I've searched Oracle's web site and didn't come up with anything.
> I've got some ancient apps that could use this.
>
> In article <37FAE0E5.99D3AF49_at_papir.kiev.ua>,
> Andrey Demchenko <andrey_at_papir.kiev.ua> wrote:
> > Do you need to connect to Oracle8 from DOS?
> > This is possible with SQL Net 2 Lite for DOS.
> > In our company about 25 users work with this SQL Net and Oracle8.
> > It works OK.
> >
> > Thierry Vigor wrote:
> >
> > > Hello
> > >
> > > How can we use SQL NET V1 with Oracle 8
> > >
> > > A+
> > >
> > > Thierry
> >

> --
> Joseph Thvedt
> jthvedt_at_my-deja.com
>
> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Thu Oct 07 1999 - 14:45:29 CDT