OAS (Web applications) - NO SESSION-SCOPE VARIABLES (Like in ASP) ???

From: keso <keso_at_hep.tel.fer.hr>
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 1999 16:13:43 +0200

I'm desperate!
Is it really possible that OAS does not provide solution for such basic thing that every Web application should have like session-scope variables ? In ASP there is very powerful and simple solution: Session object in which you can store session-scope variables.
(web browser's request starts a session - it's not an oracle session. Session terminates after specified idle time of Web browser request)

Cookies are not proper solution.
I tried with package variables, but it seems that they reset each time the page is requested - not retaining value during 'session' of web browser. Does anybody knows solution of that (I would say very common) problem ?

please help

Keso Received on Thu Oct 07 1999 - 09:13:43 CDT