Re: Rollback segments

From: Nicolas Bronke <newsgroup_at_trinity.de>
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 1999 17:54:46 +0200

> My rollback tablespace is only half full, but when I run a series of
> inserts into a table with 'nologging', I get an error message that a
> rollback segment can't be extended. Now rollback segment seems to be
> fully extended. However, since I have nologging set and have bounced
> the database and server, I thought the segment should have been
> emptied? But mostly, I just don't think I understand the relation
> between a transaction and Oracles activity against the segments.

Has your rollbacks segments a limited number of extensions? Normally it is 121. 121*Next Extend Size could be not enough for your transactions. Normally the rbs won't be resized. Only if the parameter optimal size is setted. But it does no matter if the total size (initial size+number of extends *next size) is to less for the transaction. Regards
Nicolas Bronke Received on Thu Oct 07 1999 - 10:54:46 CDT