Re: encrypting oracle password in a shell script

From: acrostic <acrosticNOacSPAM_at_yahoo.com.invalid>
Date: Wed, 06 Oct 1999 22:30:54 +1700

In article <7tgs1b$of6$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>, SHO <hos000_at_my-deja.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I need to write cron job that invokes a shell script in Unix that
> will
> login into an Oracle database. I don't want to store Oracle
> username and
> password in clear text. If anyone has done this before, I would
> love to
> hear your solution to this.
> Thanks
> SHO
> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Hi ,

Alternate solution can be an OS authenticated SQL account which can connect to oracle by saying "sqlplus /" so you are not showing password to anyone , all you need is an account i.e x on OS side and another account OPS$X , created with identified externally option of create user command. Run cron job by authority of X user and yopu should be able to get what you want.

Regards

Acrostic