encrypting oracle password in a shell script

From: SHO <hos000_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Thu, 07 Oct 1999 01:12:19 GMT

Hi,

I need to write cron job that invokes a shell script in Unix that will login into an Oracle database. I don't want to store Oracle username and password in clear text. If anyone has done this before, I would love to hear your solution to this.
Thanks
SHO Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Wed Oct 06 1999 - 20:12:19 CDT