Determining current session execution

From: Christophe Galerne <christophe_at_tumbleweed.com>
Date: Tue, 05 Oct 1999 19:53:31 -0700

Guys,

I have several processes that are connected to an Oracle Instance. One of those processes calls a stored procedure that takes for ever. I would like to know if there is a way to monitore what each Oracle session is doing to figure out which stored procedure is taking so long.

One solution that I think of is to enable the SQL_TRACE facility then analyze the output but I guess there is a way to do what I want on the fly.

Thanks,
Christophe

Christophe L. Galerne                             cgalerne_at_tumbleweed.com
Software Engineer                                     Tel: (650) 216 2029