Re: Oracle 8.1.5 on RedHat 6.0

From: JP Moresmau <jeffries_at_indigo.ie>
Date: Tue, 5 Oct 1999 11:17:17 +0100

what error message do you get? Have you checked the database is properly installed (ie, the data folder for that DB contains stuff, I've seen the install just going through everything and failing to do ANYTHING and still be happy...).
Forget about unix logins, just try connect INTERNAL/ORACLE as sysdba and see...

If you get "segmentation fault", use svrmgrl0 instead of svrmgrl... In that case, I'd advice renaming svrmgrl and creating a link called svrmgrl pointing to svrmgrl0, and re create the database... (all the scripts use svrmgrl, and if it fails with a segm. fault, it just goes on and does nothing...)

Hope this helps

JP