Re: How to start/shutdown automatically?

From: JP Moresmau <jeffries_at_indigo.ie>
Date: Tue, 5 Oct 1999 11:21:13 +0100

Edit oratba so that you database is picked up by the dbstart script Create a script (say dbora) in your init folder that looks at the arguments being passed to it:
start startup the database and the tns listener if you need it. Maybe use su - oracle to use the oracle user , and use the dbstart script stop shutdown the db (launch the dbshut script)

then, as below, just create a S... and a K... link to that script. It will then be called with the right argument...

Hope this helps...

JP