Re: shutdown -- big transaction

From: Greg Stark <greg-spare-1_at_mit.edu>
Date: Tue, 05 Oct 1999 09:01:59 GMT

So what exactly is the consequence of shutdown abort? We're always impatient to shut down the database as quickly as possible and often give up and shutdown abort. If what you're saying is true there's little consequence, why doesn't shutdown always do the equivalent of abort?

I've also been told that after an abort i should start the database up and do a clean shutdown and then start it up again before going live again. Is that just superstition?

--
greg Received on Tue Oct 05 1999 - 04:01:59 CDT