Security Question

From: Van Messner <vmessner_at_netaxis.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 1999 19:51:51 -0400

At a client with five servers on a network, I found a previous DBA had granted "DBA" to role connect for one database. So an awful lot of people have full DBA rights. If I make the (heroic) assumption that the users on the one database don't know usernames and passwords in any of the other databases, is there anything I should watch out for? Is there any ways the users with DBA rights on the one database can get in and do anything untoward on the others?

Van Received on Mon Oct 04 1999 - 18:51:51 CDT