Security Question

From: Van Messner <vmessner_at_netaxis.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 1999 19:55:26 -0400

On a job site with five servers on a network running five databases, I found a previous DBA had given "DBA" to the connect role on one database. That means a lot of users have DBA rights. If I make the (heroic) assumption that the users on the one database don't know the user ids and passwords on any of the others, do I still have a problem? Is there any way the users with DBA rights could get in and mess around with the other databases?

Van Received on Mon Oct 04 1999 - 18:55:26 CDT