Re: Change init.ora and restart

From: andres <andres_valdes_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 1999 13:21:22 -0400

Hi Pasquito:
I had a similar problem but with a different platform (unixware 2.1.3). Anyway the approach should be the same. Your problem is due to the settings of the OS kernel. It seems that you have to increase one or more of the following:

   SHMMAX -maximum size in bytes of a single-shared memory segment    SHMSEG - maximum number of shared memory segments that a single process can attach

   and SHMALL - total number of shared memory segments available in the entire system.

Also check on

    SEMMNI - maximum number of semaphore sets
    SEMMSL - maximum number of semaphores per set
    SEMMNS - maximum number of sempahores system-wide.

In unixware I used idtune -g SHMAX to see the current value of SHMAX (same thing with the other parameters) and `idtune SHMAX newvalue` to set the new value.
Good luck
andres