Re: sort_area_size?

From: Ivan Bajon <iba_at_no_spam@post1.tele.dk>
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 1999 13:13:32 +0200

Hi Jack

sort_area_size is part of the PGA (the user's allocated memory) when running Oracle without the Multithreaded Server Option (MTS). If you are running MTS (which you're probably not) sort_area_size is part of the UGA which resides in SGA. So, calculate SGA without sort_area_size.

Regards,
Ivan Bajon
Senior Consultant, OCP