Newbie Backup Question - Compression

From: Ray Diaz <raydiaz1_at_excite.com>
Date: Sun, 3 Oct 1999 19:58:12 -0400

A client of mine has just purchased a program that uses Oracle 8.x and I am using Veritas to do a cold backup. I was told by the application company the we can NOT compress the Oracle database files.

Is this true? I can't understand what compression would have to do with files during a cold backup. Received on Sun Oct 03 1999 - 18:58:12 CDT