Re: Oracle 8 on NT not for Large Databases!!!

From: David Sisk <davesisk_at_ipass.net>
Date: Fri, 1 Oct 1999 23:53:27 -0400

Yes, this bug is fixed in one of the later patchsets for 8.0.5. Word of advice: don't make your files larger than 4 Gb regardless. I prefer 2Gb as a max, since NT is a 32-bit O/S and Oracle is a 32-bit application (32 bits as in 2^32, or 2.1 billion, hint hint...)

Regards,

--
David C. Sisk
Need tech info on Oracle? Visit The Unofficial ORACLE on NT site at http://www.ipass.net/~davesisk/oont.htm Like original modern rock? Listen to song samples and buy a CD at http://www.mp3.com/disparityofcult