Re: Oracle 8 on NT not for Large Databases!!!

From: Connor McDonald <connor_mcdonald_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 02 Oct 1999 09:39:38 +0800

GtR wrote:

> We have Oracle 8 running on MS Windows NT.
> When the the file for a table space exceeds ~4 Giga bytes Oracle fails
> completely.
>
> Saying that Oracle can handle Terabyte databases is nonsense!!
>
> (Or is there a bug-fix or service pack available for this problem?!?)

Actually Oracle8 can handle up to 512Pb on some platforms, on NT (assuming you're using a smaller block sizes) you are still in the many, many, many Terabyte range...

You ARE using more than one tablespace ? You ARE using more than one file per tablespace ?

HTH Received on Fri Oct 01 1999 - 20:39:38 CDT