Re: Renaming SYSTEM tablespace file

From: Jason Salter <jason_at_seahorseNOSPAM.demon.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 1999 16:04:36 +0100

On Thu, 30 Sep 1999 15:51:25 +0200, "Maoz Mussel" <maoz_at_mindcti.com> wrote:

>Hello,
>
>This question probably have a straight forward answer, but I can't find one:
>How do I move a SYSTEM tablespace file to a new location? I can't take
>it offline, so I can't safely move the file to the new location. I haven't
>found reference to this issue on Oracle's documentation.
>
>Thanks,
>Maoz

One option :-

  1. You could do a ALTER DATABASE BACKUP CONTROL FILE TO TRACE;
  2. Shut the database down tidely
  3. Move the SYSTEM datafile to it's new location.
  4. Edit the trace file to reflect the moved system ts datafile.
  5. Startup nomount the database
  6. Recreate the contolfiles using the trace file.
  7. Open the database for business.
  8. Tada!

Regards,
Jason. Received on Thu Sep 30 1999 - 10:04:36 CDT