Re: Net 8 Client Binaries for Win 95

From: <gary_n_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 1999 17:36:54 GMT

Yes it's the client binaries the filename is 804w95nt.zip from the technet website. It starts to install ok on my NT4 box at work but crashes at the start of the installation on my home Win95 machine.

I have been able to get the previous version of the Oracle client running and connecting to the db on a Linux box, but would ideally like a working version 8 on Win95.

Any info is much appreciated.

In article <7ss87h$1j8$1_at_birch.prod.itd.earthlink.net>,   "Winnie Liu" <winnie_liu_at_infonet.com> wrote:
> Oracle always ship out a Oracle8 client all the time. It works on
95/98/NT.
> I have no problem in getting them working so far.
>
> Are we talking about Oracle client here or the server? If it is
client. I
> NEVER heard of a issue of oracle8 client on 95!
>
> Winnie Liu
> DBA
> Infonet Services Corporation
> mailto:winnie_liu_at_infonet.com
>
> gary_n_at_my-deja.com wrote in message <7spe4m$dtv$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>...
> >Does anyone know if there is a working version of the Oracle8 client
for
> >Windows 95, I've downloaded the one that's listed on Oracle's
technet
> >webiste and it crashes every time I run the installer, does it only
work
> >on NT ?
> >
> >I really need to get Oracle working asap, at the minute I've tried
using
> >Personal Oracle Lite 2.4.3.1.1 it doesn't connect to the database on
the
> >Linux box so I'm stuck unitl I can get the Version 8 client stuff.
> >
> >Thanks
> >

> >Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> >Before you buy.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Wed Sep 29 1999 - 12:36:54 CDT