Lob Storage Parameters

From: Gene Hubert <ghubert_at_netpath.net>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 1999 02:13:25 GMT

I'm looking at lob storage parameters in Oracle 8.0.5 on Solaris & Linux.

For clob columns I have the option to specify a separate tablespace for the lob data/index.

I also have the option to enable/disable storage in row.

It seems likely that these two options interact but I can't find any info in the docs.

What happens if I say "put the lob data in a separate tablespace" and "enable storage in row". Would up to 4K of data be stored in line with the non-clob columns and then moved to the other tablespace when it got bigger than 4K?

For clob data that is 4K-32K in size and is read frequently in full table scans, how should the clob storage parameters be set?

thanks for any help,

Gene Hubert
http://www.skillspoint.com - Where smart people go to buy the right training!

Gene Hubert