Re: ORA-04031 Unable to allocate shared memory

From: Jeff Hunter <jeffh_at_btitelecom.net>
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 1999 18:16:53 -0400

This message is telling you that you don't have enough ram to complete the operation. Specifically,
04031, 00000, "unable to allocate %s bytes of shared memory (\"%s\",\"%s\",\"%s\",\"%s\")"

// *Cause:  More shared memory is needed than was allocated in the shared
//          pool.
// *Action: If the shared pool is out of memory, either use the
//          dbms_shared_pool package to pin large packages,
//          reduce your use of shared memory, or increase the amount of
//          available shared memory by increasing the value of the
//          INIT.ORA parameters "shared_pool_reserved_size" and
//          "shared_pool_size".
//          If the large pool is out of memory, increase the INIT.ORA
//          parameter "large_pool_size".