Re: Oracle 8 rollback disable?

From: <bchorng_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 1999 16:04:12 GMT

In article <37EFDB32.B33AFFE7_at_finit.hu>,   Feher Lajos <feherl_at_finit.hu> wrote:
> You should add _disable_logging = true to Your init.ora file.
> Be careful with this parameter! After update restart DB without this
parameter.

> feherl

 I like to comment that this only by-passes redo. From my understanding there is no way anywhere to by-pass rollback. Also when you use this parameter, you are at risk of not being able to recover. You will lose your database even if there is a shutdown abort.

-Bass Chorng

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Tue Sep 28 1999 - 11:04:12 CDT