Re: Monitoring fragmentation

From: Jonathan Lewis <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 1999 08:27:03 +0100

Check out my web-site for an example
of using the dbms_space package to
do this. The package allows you to
find the high-water mark very cheaply,
and run down the free list chain to see how many blocks are on it.

The run on the free list can be quite expensive (if there are lots of blocks on it), but the package allows you to limit the number of blocks accessed.

--

Jonathan Lewis
Yet another Oracle-related web site: http://www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk