Monitoring fragmentation

From: Emmanuel Okanla <eio_at_titokan.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 1999 23:54:06 +0100

I need to monitor the presence of empty blocks due to deletes and updates, with a view to determining those that will benefit from a reorg. If possible, I would like to write a script to go through this process automatically, perhaps two evenings a week. Can anyone help? I suspect that this must have been done before, many times. Most of the Oracle databases of interest are v7.3, running in different Unix boxes. Any pointers will be appreciated.

Emmanuel Okanla
eokanla_at_hotmail.com Received on Sun Sep 26 1999 - 17:54:06 CDT