Oracle/SAP

From: <rsj_at_ogse.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 1999 02:54:51 GMT

Hi all,
We are trying to get some idea of what it would take to migrate an Oracle database (version not known at this point) which stores SAP data from a DEC Alpha to an HP9000. Our goal is minimal, if any downtime. The database size is somewhere in the area of 500 gigabytes. I was hoping there would be some way to set up a replication process that can run behind the scenes while the application continues to run on the DEC. Then, once the databases are completely replicated, we could possibly just switch any local assignments to the new database. Any feedback is greatly appreciated. We are also looking for any testimonials of running Oracle on HP hardware.

Thanks in advance for any help,
Randy Jean
Orion Group Software Engineers

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Mon Sep 27 1999 - 21:54:51 CDT