Re: Oracle/SAP

From: Kevin A Lewis <KevinALewis_at_Hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 1999 09:37:29 +0100

Knowing a little of SAP and the size of the database, and a little about replication - wouldn't even think about using replication.

I believe an export / import is you ronly option but I would check with SAP and /or Oracle about the compatability of the exp file (for the OS version and Oracle version) and the imp routine (for the target OS version and Oracle version).

Rather you than me.

Also I am interested what is your motivation behind the change, DEC Alpha Unix should out perform the HP UNIX all other things being equal. Is this a corporate policy thing or your reading of the future of certain architectures. I would be interested in your comments

Regards

--
Kevin A Lewis (BOCM PAULS LTD - Animal Feed Manufacturer - Ipswich England)

                        <KevinALewis_at_HotMail.com>