Re: TOAD server Statistics - how to interpret?

From: Sybrand Bakker <postmaster_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 1999 22:36:17 +0200

a)
1 you will notice a performance hit, as pl/sql needs to be retrieved from dictionary
2) any chained row that needs to be retrieved will result in extra I/O

b)
1) increase shared_pool_size in init<sid>.ora
2) This depends. Analyze the schema. If you have tables with the average
record is bigger than the db_block_size (because maybe you have a long in that table) then you have a problem. I would if possible increase the db_block_size (and recreate the database) because I have records which are BY DESIGN bigger than db_block_size. If that's not the case, export the table, drop it, recreate it with a higher PCTFREE and import it.
Info about the average record size and the number of chained rows is in user_tables and dba_tables, after you executed dbms_utility.analyze_schema(<schemaname>,'COMPUTE')

Hth,

--
Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA