Re: temporary segments

From: Kenneth C Stahl <BlueSax_at_Unforgettable.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 1999 16:01:00 -0400

Do you have the temporary tablespace for SYS and SYSTEM set to that tablespace? There are some instances where the engine itself needs to build a temporary table that is persistant until the instance is bounced. Your choices are either to accept that this happens or set temporary tablespace for SYS and SYSTEM back to the SYSTEM tablespace. I've done it both ways and have yet to see any adverse effects other than taking up space in the temporary tablespace.