temporary segments

From: David F. Newman <buzzwang_at_churchill.ourvillage.com>
Date: 27 Sep 1999 15:31:41 -0400

Hi,

        I have temporary segments in my temporary tablespace (which is marked as temporary) that won't go away. They are owned by SYS and they stay there even after the database is restarted. I was under the impression that temporary segments should go away when a database is shutdown. Is this not the case? Is there a way to purge temporary segments manually?

--
David F. Newman
Oracle DBA