Re: Export from Solaris import to NT fails

From: Jan Nowitzky <nowitzky_at_informatik.uni-jena.de>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 1999 20:42:31 +0200

I had the same problem.
NT - Oracle8i
DEC Unix - Oracle8.0.5

  1. create an export on Oracle8i (NT) an then try an import (Unix)-> Error messages see below.
  2. create an export on Oracle8.0.5 (Unix) an then try an import (NT) -> successfully

I transfer the data with ftp in binary mode.

What is the reason?
The documentation sad there are no problems on export/import between 8i an 8. Only if I use the new features (partitioning etc.), but I dont do so. I only want to export (and then import) a normal table.

Thanx for any help,
Jan

--

Jan Nowitzky
Friedrich-Schiller-Universität o Institut für Informatik