Re: ignore_dup_row or ignore_dup_key

From: Steven Cardinal <scardinal_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 27 Sep 1999 09:22:10 PDT

It looks like he's used to MS-SQL, which allows you to build an index that ignores duplicate - if a duplicate tries to get inserted, SQL just discards the record (ensuring the table contains no duplicates, but allowing the processing to continue). It is very convenient when loading a lot of raw data. I'd love to find similar functionality in oracle, but I haven't yet.

Steve

Yann Chevriaux wrote in message <37EF4C77.E58FC434_at_theleme.com>...
>Well, I'm not sure what you really want:
>
> Do you want to insert duplicate rows any way then filter them out,
or do you want to catch errors ?

>Norris a écrit :
>
>> I need to insert a lot of data into a table and I want to filter out
duplicate records. Is it possible to create index with ignore_dup_row?