Re: ignore_dup_row or ignore_dup_key

From: Norris <johnnie_at_cooper.com.hk>
Date: 27 Sep 1999 17:06:23 GMT

For Oracle EXCEPTION handling, is there any statement like: "On Error Resume Next" ?

For example, statement "Insert into tableA select col1, col2 from tableB" will not fail even if there are duplicate keys to be inserted.

Andy Hardy <aph_at_ahardy.demon.co.uk> wrote:
> In article <7smpp0$294s$1_at_adenine.netfront.net>, Norris
> <johnnie_at_cooper.com.hk> writes

>>I need to insert a lot of data into a table and I want to filter out duplicate
>>records.  Is it possible to create index with ignore_dup_row?
>>

> I don't think so.

> How about running this through PL/SQL and making use of EXCEPTION and
> the WHEN DUP_VAL_ON_INDEX then NULL?

> Andy
> --
> Andy Hardy. PGP key available on request

- Have several nice days...
- Opinions are mine and do not necessarily reflect those of the Corp.
http://www.ntfaq.com
http://www.cyberport.com/~tangent/programming/winsock/ Received on Mon Sep 27 1999 - 12:06:23 CDT