8.1.5 Partition Row Movement performance

From: Simon Quinn <simon.quinn_at_bigfoot.comX>
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 1999 16:03:48 +0100

I've just been testing the performance of the new 8.1.5 feature, Row Movement between partitions of a table. My tests were simply to tests the difference in speed between inserting into a target table and deleting from the source compared to just updating a partitioned table to force a row to move from one partition to another.

From my tests it takes more than twice as long to do it via row movement. Anybody have experience of this?

Data was the same in both tests, all on the same tablespace and disk array. Tests were run a number of times and the database restarted between test runs.

Cheers
Simon Quinn, UK Received on Sat Sep 25 1999 - 10:03:48 CDT