Re: 8.1.5 Partition Row Movement performance

From: Jonathan Lewis <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 1999 19:33:59 +0100

Icant' seem to find such an extreme difference. The current gets in the partitioned case seem to be slightly higher, and the redo log generated seems to be about 20%higher on a few quick tests.

Can you give a more detailed description of the test. Are you sure that the reads to select the row to be updated were doing partition elimination ? That could explain a doubling in cost.

--

Jonathan Lewis
Yet another Oracle-related web site: http://www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk