Re: multiple Listener

From: Kenneth C Stahl <BlueSax_at_Unforgettable.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 1999 08:42:20 -0400

I think this might be occuring because you have two entries named LISTENER in the listener.ora. LISTENER is the default and the one that will be used if the listener is started without giving a specific name. I suspect that the solution to this will be to give the second entry a name other than LISTENER. Then when the listener service is started it will start the entry named LISTENER. You would then have to start a second service specifically naming the other entry. However, since my experience with NT is limited I'm not sure how you would make the appropriate entry in the SERVICES control panel.