Re: oracle processes

From: NetComrade <andreyNSPAM_at_bookexchange.net>
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 1999 16:45:50 GMT

There are processes that are running are DBWR, SMON, PMON, CKPT (optional), ARCH (optional). DBWR seems to eat up a lot of CPU if you are write intensive. your 200 processes are likely to have close to zero CPU time,.

On Tue, 21 Sep 1999 17:55:12 -0400, Aditi Khan <akhan_at_i-kinetics.com> wrote:

>--------------F806A358A619AA31723756D6
>
>Hi all,
>I am running an application that launches 200 oracle processes
>concurrently. What I wish to know is what other oracle processes(other
>than the ones launched) are doing the grunt of the work of data
>retrieval because when I monitor the cpu time for the launched
>processes they just indicate a zero cpu time. Could be the listener
>process, cmon, smon?
>Any help is appreciated..
>Thanks
>
>--------------F806A358A619AA31723756D6
>
>begin:vcard
>n:Khan;Aditi
>tel;work:781-270-1382
>x-mozilla-html:TRUE
>org:I-Kinetics, Inc;Product Development
>version:2.1
>email;internet:akhan_at_i-kinetics.com
>title:Software Engineer
>fn:Aditi Khan
>end:vcard
>
>--------------F806A358A619AA31723756D6--

Andrey Dmitriev	 eFax: (978) 383-5892  Daytime: (917) 373-5417
AOL: NetComrade	 ICQ: 11340726 remove NSPAM to email