Oracle Backup Methods

From: Dino Hsu <dino1_at_ms1.hinet.net>
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 1999 13:22:23 +0800

Dear all,

ArcServe is a universal backup/restore solution in my company globally. But ArcServe only backup files, but not Oracle tables. If I need to restore individual tables from the backup, what should I do? Export/Import is one of the possibilities, but it is very limited in terms of backup/restore. I may have to write a program to generate different dmp file names (to prevent overwriting) and hire a third party program (say IE4 task scheduler) for scheduling.
On the other hand, ArcServe Oracle option is said to allow only the restoring of a whole table space, not individual tables. Is it true? Please tell me your experience about this issue, and reply also to my mail box. Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Dino Received on Thu Sep 23 1999 - 00:22:23 CDT