ODBC versus OCI: Performance comparison

From: <arivlin_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 1999 19:22:31 GMT

Does anyone know what difference is in performance between OCI and ODBC? I need to write an application that will select up to 10000 rows from table foo ( c1 varchar ( 100 ) Not null,

            c2 varchar2 ( 100 ) null,
            c3 date,
            c4 date,
            c5 number,
            c6 number )

There could be more columns in select,numbers, nullable and not nullable.
I did it with ODBC, and selects and decodes do take time. What speed improvement can I expect with Oracle's native library?

Also, the application needs to insert 1000 rows ( a varchar2 ( 200),

                                                  b date, c int ).

What kind of improvement I can expect there?>

Thank you very much in advance.
Alex

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Mon Sep 20 1999 - 14:22:31 CDT