Help: ORA-01019 error on VMS

From: Malcolm Dunnett <dunnett_at_mala.bc.ca>
Date: 20 Sep 99 08:58:10 -0700

   I have a program running under VMS 7.1 on an Alpha using the OCI calls in Oracle 7.3.2.3.2. The program is written in DEC BASIC and used the FORTRAN style call bindings.

   The program generally runs fine, but occasionally the call to OLOG fails with an ORA-01019 error. The Server messages manual says to increase the size of the process heap or use the old calls. I'm not sure what either of these recommendations mean in the VMS context ("process heap" is not a VMS term, I don't know what "old calls" I could use ).

   Anyone seen this? Any hints on what might be going wrong would be appreciated.

--

Malcolm Dunnett      Malaspina University-College   Email: dunnett_at_mala.bc.ca
Information Systems  Nanaimo, B.C. CANADA V9R 5S5     Tel: (250)755-8738