Re: Pro*C compiler for 8i (8.1.5)

From: Ed Prochak <prochak_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 1999 15:59:00 GMT

In article <#35UZ3wA$GA.177_at_cpmsnbbsa05>,   "Jeff Brocious" <jlbroci_at_ess-consultants.com> wrote:
> It was requested that I supply the link list we are trying to use.
We are
> trying to use whatever the demo makefile creates. Not knowing much
about
> the libraries themselves, we have to depend upon somebody telling us
the
> proper order. For whatever reason, this doesn't appear to be part of
the
> documentation. I don't have the exact list we last tried in front of
me
> right now, but it is entirely gross. libsql8 and libcommon8 must be
> repeated 6 or 8 times each. I can't believe there are as many
circular
> dependencies as this list implies. I thought the 7.3 link list was
bad, but
> this 8i list we got from the makefile is 10 times as bad. I'm
certain there
> are a few libraries we don't need, since we're not doing any of the
OCI or

What libraries did you think the embedde SQL was going to call? You are using OCI either directly or thru Pro*C. So Are you saying you couldn't get the demo to build? If you took out the OCI links, then that's your biggest problem.

--
Ed Prochak
Magic Interface, Ltd.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Mon Sep 20 1999 - 10:59:00 CDT