WebDB selection from dual...how to?

From: Win Ker <Winker11_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 1999 14:30:29 GMT

I'm creating a web-based running log using WebDB 2.1.0.9.3. The premise is that each registered user will be able to log in and enter data ONLY under their own username account, and view ONLY under their own logged-in account. I've tried creating a stored procedure to determine the user's current login session username simply using (along with an insert statement which passes v_user as the username to register the transaction under) "select user into v_user from dual;", then link the procedure as a WebDB Procedure component...this all works fine, except the value returned from dual is always the role <schema>_PUBLIC, instead of the username! Not good...

If I take the same procedure and create a "PL/SQL call" as a QuickLink in WebDB, it works fine, returning the proper login account name...<scary music starts>

To date, I've had to create separate "insert" and "view" forms for EACH user, hardcoding the user account right into the form as the "WHERE clause"...pretty kludgey.

Anyone have an idea of how to retrieve the value of the current session username...obviously dual won't work for this one.

Thanks muchly! Received on Mon Sep 20 1999 - 09:30:29 CDT