Re: Does Personal Oracle 8 work as a server?

From: Micha Huybrechts <mrh_at_technologist.com>
Date: Sun, 19 Sep 1999 16:15:48 +0200

No. Personal Oracle has a built-in security wich refuses to comunicate over a network.
We even had a problem after de-installing PO8 and then installing Oracle8 client: it just wouldn't connect to our Oracle 8.0.5 server. After installing Win95 from scratch, it worked just fine.

Hope this helps,

Micha Huybrechts