Re: Web Tookit Problem - Still!

From: Christopher Beck <clbeck_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 1999 13:07:06 -0400

On Thu, 16 Sep 1999 15:55:55 GMT, Milo_at_Netway.com (Milo Remington) wrote:

>Ok, i'm still having a problem using the Web Toolkit.
>
>Background:
>
>I have this HTML form where depending on the options the user selects
>there are times when I want to return a data stream to the user
>instead of HTML. I want that little dialog box to come up in their
>browser that asks them where they want to save the file and what to
>name it. I suspect that I need to change the mime type but how and
>what to? Can I use htp.print to do everything like:
>htp.print('content-type ??/??\n\n');
>htp.print('first line of data');
>htp.print('next line of data');
>etc...
>
>Is that how or do I need to use something else in the toolkit?
>
>Thanks!
>
>I'm using PL/SQL 2.3, Oracle Server 7.3.4, and OAS 4.?
>
>I got some good suggestions:
>Use owa_util.mime_header('??/??');
>replacing ??/?? with application/octet-stream or file/data (tried
>both).
>
>So I do the owa_ulti.mime_header call and then I do a htp.print for
>each line of data I want to send to go into the file on the users PC.
>I made double and triple sure I'm not making any htp.* or other web
>toolkit calls before I do the owa_util.mime_header.
>
>Here is what shows up at the browser when I look at the source:
>
>dataline1
>dateline2
>etc...
>
>That is what the source looks like, the browser screen just shows all
>the text run together. Like I said I tried both file/data and
>application/octet-stream and all that changes is what is shown after
>the Content-type:.
>
>It acts like the mime_header call isn't actually changing the mime
>type - it isn't actually in the header, it's just part of the data. I
>have no idea where the Content-length: line is comming from.
>
>So what is going on here? Do I have an old version of the owa_util
>package? Is there a configuration problem on the OWA? I'm stumped!

Something must be printed to the htpbuf before you make the call to owa_util.mime_header. Try calling owa_util.showpage just before the code to mime_header. That should flush the buffer and help you get the desired results.

hope that helps.

chris.

--
Christopher Beck
Oracle Corporation

Opinions are mine and do not necessarily reflect those of Oracle Corporation Received on Thu Sep 16 1999 - 12:07:06 CDT