Web Tookit Problem - Still!

From: Milo Remington <Milo_at_Netway.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 1999 15:55:55 GMT

Ok, i'm still having a problem using the Web Toolkit.

Background:

I have this HTML form where depending on the options the user selects there are times when I want to return a data stream to the user instead of HTML. I want that little dialog box to come up in their browser that asks them where they want to save the file and what to name it. I suspect that I need to change the mime type but how and what to? Can I use htp.print to do everything like:

htp.print('content-type ??/??\n\n');
htp.print('first line of data');
htp.print('next line of data');
etc...

Is that how or do I need to use something else in the toolkit?

Thanks!

I'm using PL/SQL 2.3, Oracle Server 7.3.4, and OAS 4.?

I got some good suggestions:
Use owa_util.mime_header('??/??');
replacing ??/?? with application/octet-stream or file/data (tried both).

So I do the owa_ulti.mime_header call and then I do a htp.print for each line of data I want to send to go into the file on the users PC. I made double and triple sure I'm not making any htp.* or other web toolkit calls before I do the owa_util.mime_header.

Here is what shows up at the browser when I look at the source: Content-length: 10741

dataline1
dateline2
etc...

That is what the source looks like, the browser screen just shows all the text run together. Like I said I tried both file/data and application/octet-stream and all that changes is what is shown after the Content-type:.

It acts like the mime_header call isn't actually changing the mime type - it isn't actually in the header, it's just part of the data. I have no idea where the Content-length: line is comming from.

So what is going on here? Do I have an old version of the owa_util package? Is there a configuration problem on the OWA? I'm stumped!

Thanks for your help!

"Let us pass over the river, and rest

   Under the shade of the trees." Received on Thu Sep 16 1999 - 10:55:55 CDT