Re: oracle8i with linux + listener

From: Lothar Dickhoff <dickhofl_at_ada.de>
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 1999 09:36:00 +0200

Hi John,

did you have run the script "root.sh" in $ORACLE_HOME/orainst ?

If not do it as root.
Be logged in as oracle owner and change to root with "su" and not "su -", because the environment variables $ORACLE_HOME etc. should be set. Run root.sh from orainst.
This script will make a "chown root tnslsnr" and a "chmod 4750 tnslsnr" (setuid bit).
Then the SQL*NET listener will run with root rights.

Regs. Lothar

John Wang schrieb in Nachricht <7rmjk3$6i7$1_at_news.bah.com>...