Creating new instance

From: fabriceh <fabriceh_at_netcourrier.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 1999 09:32:51 +0200

I use Oracle 7 on SCO Unix.
I still have 2 instance running.
I want to create a third.
But when the two first are started, and I try to create another one I get : ORA-7279: spcre: smget error, unable to get first semaphore set. AT&T System V/386 Error: 28: No space left on device

When I have one Instance down, I can create another one. But after I can run only 2 together.
When I start the third I get :
ORA-7252: spcre: smget error, could not allocate semaphores. AT&T System V/386 Error: 28: No space left on device

I have enough RAM memory (96 Mo), and enough disk space. I tune the shared_pool_size, but even with very small set it doesn't work.

I certainly have to tune Unix parameters to get more semaphores, but which one ? I'm not expert in unix administration.

Any advices ?
Thanks
Fabrice. Received on Thu Sep 16 1999 - 02:32:51 CDT