Re: The Perfomance Problem while deleting records in Oracle 8

From: Ben Ryan <benryan_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 1999 20:18:28 GMT

Sounds like the delete statement is not using an index. Either trace the session and run tkprof on the output or post the statements used to create the table and indexes along with the actual delete statement that is taking so long.

In article <7ro5up$jft$1_at_serv.vrn.ru>,
  "Kozlitin V.V." <kozlitin_at_menatep.vrn.ru> wrote:
> Hi all.
>
> I have the perfomance problem - the deleting time of 4000 records
from
> table,
> that contain about 300000 records exceeds 10 minutes.
>
> The table has 2 index (on date and on internal_code)
> Server configuration: PII-450, 96 RAM, 9G HDD, Oracle 8.0 on Solaris 7
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Vladimir
> E-mail: kozlitin_at_menatep.vrn.ru

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Wed Sep 15 1999 - 15:18:28 CDT