lgwr crashes (8.0.5.0.0 on Linux)

From: Vincent GRENET <vincent.grenet_at_free.fr>
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 1999 20:20:20 GMT

Hi all.

The lgwr background process crashes on my server:

If I read this correctly, the process gets a SIGSEGV (segment violation) signal. If I am correct, can anyone tell me:

Is this a known bug ? If yes, is there a pacth to it / In which releases is it corrected ? If there is no pacth, is there a known way to go around this problem ?

If this is not a know bug, I will need some hints to go around this problem.

Earlier in the alert.log file, I had the following error (warning ?) message:

kccrsz: denied expansion of controlfile section 9 by 4183 record(s)   the number of records is already at maximum value (65535) krcpwnc: following controlfile record written over:  RECID #216 Recno 37191 Record timestamp  09/07/99 23:51:44
 Thread=1 Seq#=216 Link-Recid=215
  Low
scn: 0x0000.0000455a
 09/06/99 00:20:32
 Next
scn: 0x0000.0000461c

This message repeats itself (with differences) thousands of times before the crash.

This message may be related to the problem, because I have seen it on two machines before the same kind of crash happened, and I have not seen it on a third machine on which the instance never crashed like this.

This problem has happened on the following configurations:

Linux RH 5.2 + O8 8.0.5.0.0
Linux RH 6.0 (SMP) + O8 8.0.5.0.0 (w/ glibc patch)

Thanks for any help!
Vincent Received on Wed Sep 15 1999 - 15:20:20 CDT