Re: fast growing RBSs

From: Jonathan Lewis <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 1999 19:53:13 +0100

How to stop an Oracle database (used to work on version 6, but haven't checked it for years).

    i) Find out how many rollback segments there are     ii) Run up that many sessions
    iii) In each session do a single row update to a small table     iv) Check that each transaction has attached to a different RBS     v) Do not commit, walk away

The rollback segments won't be able to wrap, and eventually they will extend to the limit of the tablespace or their maxextents.

--

Jonathan Lewis
Yet another Oracle-related web site: http://www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk