Re: Stopping an PL/SQL procedure

From: Kenneth C Stahl <BluesSax_at_Unforgettable.com>
Date: Thu, 09 Sep 1999 08:01:52 -0400

"Pål Jakobsen" wrote:

> I am debugging an PL/SQL procedure which sometimes goes wild. How can I stop
> this. I have tried to stop the session in the instance manager but this
> don´t help. Is there any command to use to stop the procedure from running
> immidiately.
>
> Thanks

You need to supply more information than this. I use pl/sql all the time and I can always stop it when needed, but then I'm working under a specific set of circumstances.

What you have not told us is how you are running the pl/sql. Are you running it as a script from within sqlplus? Are you executing a stored procedure from within sqlplus? Are you running a pl/sql block from a Pro-C program running on the host? Are you running a pl/sql block from a Pro-C program running on a client? Are you running a pl/sql block from an OCI program? Are you running a pl/sql block from a client application such as Visual Basic or Visual C++? This type of information is absolutely required in order to identify what methods can be used to stop the pl/sql from running once started. Received on Thu Sep 09 1999 - 07:01:52 CDT