Re: arraysize and maxdata fun !!

From: Connor McDonald <connor_mcdonald_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 08 Sep 1999 18:48:37 +0800

AtomAnt wrote:

> Hi
>
> When selecting from a table I keep getting this message.
>
> buffer overflow. Use SET command to reduce ARRAYSIZE or
> increase MAXDATA.
>
> show arraysize = 1
> show maxdata = 32767
>
> both are at their limit (high/low)
>
> what now ?

This would imply that you SQLPlus thinks you could feasibly be getting back 32k with a single row...What are you selecting ?

Also, on most platforms I've seen, maxdata is 60000

HTH
--

Connor McDonald

"Some days you're the pigeon, and some days you're the statue." Received on Wed Sep 08 1999 - 05:48:37 CDT